It looks like Christmas is on the rocks for 2021. I went shopping for a Christmas ornament and couldn't find any. None of the chain stores that used to fill their stores with holiday spirt had anything on the shelves for the holiday. Where is Christmas? Where is Hanukkah? I think we've been so distracted by all the negative commentary for the past 2 years that we've forgot the "best time of the year."
Christmas is not about the gifts, the decorations, or the turkey. It's about family gathering, sharing time with friends, and spreading love around the world. Too bad we don't have a Christmas-2021 vaccine that gives everyone a shot of love.
Christmas is only 3 weeks away. Refocus you mind on the blessings around you. Gather with loved ones and share laughter over a meal. Give hugs because we all need one. Avoid talking about politics, vaccine mandates, and tyranny around the world. Talk about a plan for the new year, a future filled with hope, and how you plan to live intention in 2022. Here are a few suggestions to make healthy changes next year:
1. Limit Social Media. Social medica is the #1 influencer of anxiety and depression. By limiting the amount of time living in fantasy world you'll be more balanced in reality.
2. Increase Support System. Gather in person with friends, family, and if you need therapy, get the help you need.
3. Get out of Debt. Set up a budget to pay down any debt. Check out Dave Ramsey for any advice on how to snowball debt so you can be debt free in 2023.
4. Learn Something. The average person doesn't read a book after leaving school. Expand your knowledge and you'll open your mind to learn in all areas of your life.
5. Strengthen your faith. Churches, Temples, and Synagogues are open for in person services.
6. Plan to Travel. Day trips to a place that feels good (beach, mountains, desert) fills your heart. It is amazing how getting out of your routine will lift your spirt and reenergize you.
7. Sing out loud. Singing is an act of worship and lifting your voice, moving your body in dance, and raising your arms over your head allows your whole body to engage in that act and you'll be better for it.
When you start planning to live your life filled with joy the results will be tremendous.
"May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing,
so that by the power of the Holy Spirit you may abound in hope"